Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Frog From Hell and Friends


Recently I read that a group of 65 million year old fossils found in Madagascar by Professor Krause had been put on display at the Stony Brook University Hospital. Worth a look, I thought. Here is the star, dubbed "The Frog From Hell". I thought he was rather appealing. This is a reconstruction of the creature they have named Beelzebufo Ampinga.

I liked the way the fossils were scattered about the lobby as if just heading into Starbuck's for a latte. This is Masiakasaurus knopfleri.



This gal looks a bit anorexic

Another view of Majungasaurus crenatissimus

Simosuchus clarki
A pug-nosed crocodile
On top is how it is believed to have looked

In case you want more info on the frog

An article on the new fossil exhibit
And this one claiming the exhibit will "humanize" the Hospital.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Cool frog!! I bet Cheryl will like that one a lot too.