Monday, May 2, 2011

Afghan Bread



Thought I'd try something different today. I visited the Eastern Geo Supermarket on Route 25 in Selden which specializes in Southeast Asian and other foods. This loaf of Afghan bread caught my eye. The taste is delicious; it is chewey, soft, full of flavor, good for soaking up gravy. Cost: 1.99. The skateboard shape of the package posed no problem with storage: just fold it over like fabric and slip it into the side of the frig door. My adventure for the day.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

how do you cut it? can you make a sandwich with it? Never heard of it

Priscilla said...

You tear the strips and break off pieces. A sandwich would be difficult; I suppose you could slice it but it's not made for that. I like it with runny Brie cheese. I'd never heard of it before either. That store has mostly Indian and Pakistani foods and it was fun to browse there, but I was always looking at the sodium content (high) so only bought 4 things.