Friday, May 4, 2012

A few pictures from Avalon Park

Swans are gone, out to the water and more privacy



Jewel weed, the antidote to poison ivy


Fiddle head ferns, skunk cabbage 



Snow goose?
When it stretched its wings they looked just like this. Could the recent high winds have blown it off course? Another bird seen today (no camera, darn) looked like a small white egret. It was on the field near the north P-lot at SUNY near the track. Too small to be a Great Egret; not plumey and elegant like a Snowy. Cattle egret?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jewel weed the antidote to poison ivy? I didn't know about this! --Mary W.

Priscilla said...

Learn something every day (heh-heh).

Kristen said...

I heard about that last year, I got some poison ivy for the first time in my life and someone told me to get jewel weed, it grows behind my moms; barn but at the time it wasn't grown yet so I didnt get to try it