Saturday, August 1, 2009

Flood on Trustees Road

On Sunday afternoon 7/26 about 5:00 I was heading for the beach and surprise-surprise found the road was flooded with two huge puddles at the curve by the beach club. This is not unusual at high tide but I've never seen it this deep before. Ah, what a photo op!



This is the first puddle. Many people, including yours truly, drove through it, turned around, drove through it the other way and left. I parked elsewhere and walked back with my camera.



This is one of the surprised citizens who came from the beach and encountered the flood but made it through. The flooding was sudden.

Some people didn't even slow down
but others stopped to think about it.

Why did I take so many pictures? Couldn't help it.

Glug-glug-glug, where did he go?

The SUVs barrelled through confidently


and one approaching Jeep full of kids even speeded up, yelling "whoopie".

1 comment:

Biddie said...

(( laughing )) Why take so many pics? I say - why not???

Fun to see what people will do with such unexpected situations.

Had it been raining along with a high tide?? Salt water used to be a nemesis for me in Galveston when I had to ride the ferry across to get back-n-forth to work. Sure messed my van up.