Sunday, May 24, 2009

Horse show at Old Field Farm





















On May 10th I stopped in at the PHA horse show going on at Old Field Farm. I always enjoy looking at the horses and it couldn't be more convenient--just steps away from West Meadow Beach whither my car heads automatically on a weekend. The number of participants seemed on the sparse side but what do I know? I took some shots of a junior class getting ready to go into the ring. Oh boy, there will be 5 more shows this summer, and they're free.

We can all be proud of Suffolk County for saving and restoring these show grounds.

2 comments:

Biddie said...

Beautiful horses! Unfortunately, those form-fitting pants that are part of the dress code are not the most flattering!!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic memory from my childhood! I spent time there grooming for my neighbor while she showed there!